Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Tell Me

Tell Me

Distract me with burning kisses.

Lie to me with your heart and your eyes,
With your smooth skin and lips. I want
To inhale your lies with your breath.

Tell me the best lies. Smile and kiss
Me and say you like my snoring in the night.
Tell me you'll never tire of my nagging,
My careful planmaking, my frowns and half-sighs.
Say you love my froggy, choked voice in the morning.

Tell me I'll never be your furniture;
An end table, a coffee server.

When I cling to you in the night
I want to feel your heart beat fast in your wrists and neck
I want you to tremble like a dove.
I want to believe your soft, gentle hands.
I want you to write verses about me you have to
Lock tight in a black leather journal for no one else to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment