Sunday, October 11, 2009

Four Emotions

We had to pick emotions off a list and describe their physical manifestations.

Stillness

The old oak tree at the cliff-edge-
From a distance your limbs are gnarled
Stumps barely rising from the earth-
From beneath your old roots hold
Up the cliff and the precipice.

---

Vehicular Rebirth

Driving nine hours south
The rhythm of passing and
Watching the road follows
The beat of your heart,
Your hands are the wheels,
Your eyes are lights.
When you stop
You learn to walk again
The pain from knees and neck
Makes you gasp and shout aloud.

---

Jealousy

I've cut one nail too deep.
Seeking the truth, the whole you,
Asked and answered now,
And because I want to be consistent
In my life and love
I have to clip them all the same.

---

Frustration

Two hours later than I wanted to be
I missed my left and couldn't park twice.
When I came in
You hugged and kissed
Me. You had
Done the dishes,
I could have
Cried.

No comments:

Post a Comment